After competing in slalom kayaking at the 2012 London Summer Olympics during her final year of high school, Elise spent a year as a professional kayaker, before embarkon a sixing-year medical degree. Elise became a professional cyclist just two years ago and is rapidly rising to the top of her still new sport.
In her second year as a pro cyclist, Elise placed thirteenth at the Ardennes classic Liége-Bastogne-Liége and added Swiss road champion to an expanding palmares.
“Since I started cycling, CANYON//SRAM Racing was one of the teams I always admired. It’s a team that has the same sponsors and a lot of the same staff and riders for a long time. That provides me with confidence about the future of this team.”
“I signed for two years and I’m really happy about that because I know I’ll fit in this team and that the team trusts me for the next two years. Also, the equipment is amazing and I can’t wait to ride with these bikes!”
“After only two years, I proved that I can be among the best in every type of race, be in the final, and be really helpful for the team. I’m a lot more confident and now I can race in an aggressive way. My goals in 2021 are simple: keep developing myself as a rider, work on my confidence, ride in an aggressive way, and win some races with this team!”
- 4th place – stage Ceratizit Festival Elsy Jacobs
- 1st place – Swiss national road championship
- 2nd place – Swiss national ITT championship
- 13th place Liége-Bastogne-Liége, WWT
- 5th place general classification – Women’s Tour of Scotland
- 2nd stage – Women’s Tour of Scotland
- 2nd place – Swiss national road championship
- 3rd place – Swiss national ITT championship